Intro to college Life



 College life means a new journey in our life where we get the opportunity to meet new people from different backgrounds. But obviously first few weeks at college is absolute blur as am an international student and not have English language as my mother tongue. It was hard for me to communicate properly with other students and my professors. In addition to this one of the main problem that I faced was to adapt to the new education culture where most of the work needs to be done online rather then using pen and paper which includes assignments, quizzes, in class activities, group discussions etc. Moreover it was not an easy task to cope up with the program of computer system technician as It was not related to my previous studies However with time I found this course very interesting as my professors are very cooperative and helpful. In Durham college we are provided with lots resources such as DC connect which provide lots of information regarding our courses and videos that helps us to understand the subjects more effectively. Even if I missed any lecture I can get that content on DC connect.

In addition to this one of the facility that I liked the most is SALS. It gives us the opportunity to learn from our seniors and experienced teachers that are specialist in their respective fields as we can sign up for meetings with them through which we can get extra help to score better grades in our program. Along with that we also get an opportunity to share our knowledge with our juniors at the end of our first semester if we score more then 75%.Although during first few days of my college I was nervous and confused but later on I got used to this new culture and now I have more precise idea of completing my program.                             

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Study skills

Teamwork